I believe therapy should be a place of safety and comfort where you feel able and supported to approach challenges in a calm and reflective environment. A place where you are able to find different ways to move towards improvement and harmony.
Life is filled with everyday challenges, and sometimes these tasks become too much to handle on our own. It’s ok to take a step back, let vulnerability in, and ask for help. In the same way that we take action in caring for our health, we should be encouraged to care for our mind, heart, and soul.
individual, every couple, every family
for solutions, ideas, & creativity.
To all relationships struggling in this pandemic:
Sex, Intimacy, & Therapy
Isolation is making us re-discover our greatest strength: that connection with others is necessary for our survival.
I am a Marriage & Family Therapist practicing in private practice in Hamburg, Germany, in the beautiful neighborhood of Ottensen. I provide individual, couples, and family therapy in English and Spanish.
My specialty areas include:
- Mood disorders (anxiety, depression)
- Stress management
- Pre and Post Pregnancy support
- Relational problems
- Couple conflict
- Sex & Intimacy
- Separation and Divorce
- Family conflict
- Life transitions
- Cultural transitions
- Grief & Loss
My clinical approach stems from a broad base of theoretical practices, including Family Systems Theory, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and most importantly: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). In my work with couples I also use the Gottman Approach in conjunction with EFT. When applicable, I use evidence-based interventions.
Marriage and Family Therapy does not only mean that my only focus is helping families and couples/relationships, rather it means that I seek to understand how symptoms and problems work inside a larger systemic context. When applicable and beneficial to the current treatment, I strive to collaborate with other medical and mental health professionals.
My goal is to collaborate with you and make this journey comfortable, full of hope, and filled with empathy, compassion, and respect. It’s really important to find a therapist with whom you feel at ease and there’s mutual understanding and compatibility. This is why, if you are interested in therapy, I will be happy to speak with you further to determine if working together would be a good option for you.
Currently, I provide therapy only in English and Spanish.
- B.A. in Psychology and minor in Music Performance (University of Texas at El Paso, USA), 2008
- M.A. in Marriage & Family Therapy (University of San Diego, USA), 2010
- DGSF (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Systemische Therapie, Beratung und Familientherapie e.V.)
- ICEEFT (International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- EFT Externship (San Diego, CA, US – January 2019)
- EFT Core Skills I (London, UK – September 2019)
- EFT Core Skills II (London, UK – December 2019)
- EFT Core Skills III (London, UK – September 2021)
- EFT Core Skills IV (London, UK – January 2022)
reconnecting as a couple and
regrouping as individuals
+49 (0) 157 5257 2367
Palmaille 130, 22767 Hamburg
** Please keep an eye on your Spam folder in case my reply to your inquiry goes there!